Macau..East meets West
We arrived at Macau exactly 9:30 pm. Immigration first, then, we look for taxi to Hotel Sintra. We paid MOP$65 from Macau International Airport.
After checking in, we went outside to have dinner and to see the casinos during night-time.
We wake up at 7:00 am to shower. We had a hard time adjusting the shower, it seems like it’s just hot water.😳
We checked out at 10:00 am and left our luggages at the hotel. It is free for 24 hours. And time to roam around…
We went to Senado Square first. It’s just a walking distance from Hotel Sinatra.
It was really hot. We had our umbrellas and applied some sunblock. And we were sweating like hell!😂
We followed the signs to the Ruins of St. Paul’s.
There’s a lot of beef jerky and egg tart stores in the streets… My sister, bought a beef jerky, I think she didn’t understand what the vendor was saying, and she just nods. She was surprised, that he gave him a big bag of it, in a low price 😊
We went back to Senado Square. Then got straight to Ponte 16 for the MJ Gallery for about 10 minutes walk. We just had our lunch here, since we can’t any restaurant that are open, yet.
We need to ride the Sofitel Hotel bus to Ferry Terminal..as I remembered this is free.
It’s called hotel hopping. At the terminal, we transfer to another bus going to the City of Dreams Hotel.
Then, we cross the street going to Venetian Hotel (If you know the Boys over flower K-drama, it’s one of their settings)
And the gondola version of Macau.
After Venetian Hotel, we looked for the shuttle going to Sands Hotel for the Fisherman’s Wharf(Colosseum of Macau) 😊
We were really tired of all the walk. So we weren’t able to see the MGM and Wynn hotel. We went back to the Hotel to get our luggages, then ride a shuttle again going to Ferry Terminal.
We need to buy our tickets to HK. We were looking for NWFF ferry, ’cause the port is closer to the Tsim Sha Tsui. But we can’t find the NWFF. I tried asking the person in the information desk, but she said, “No English”. We went to the Customer Support Desk at the 1st Floor for multi lingual information.
Since we can’t the NWFF ferry, we decided to just go with Turbojet, to Kowloon. We paid HK$177. But it’s about to leave in 15 minutes. And we need to pass the immigration which is in 2nd floor. (we were running at this point.)
And there’s so many people waiting for their turn in immigration, good thing it was quick. Save by the bell! we made it in time.
We drink bonamine for seasickness,but it didn’t help. We still got seasick.😵
After 1 hour of seasickness.. here we are, Hong Kong 😊
- From Hotel Sintra, walk to Senado Square (straight ahead, around 10 min walk)
- From Senado Square, Walk to Ruins of St. Paul’s
- Then walk back to Senado Square to MJ gallery
- Walk to Ponte 16/MJ gallery ( straight ahead, around 10 min walk) to MJ gallery
- Ride Sofitel from Ponte 16 hotel bus going to ferry terminal
- Transfer to City of Dreams hotel bus
- Cross the street going to Venetian
- Ride hotel bus going to Sands Hotel
- Cross the street going to Fisherman’s Wharf
- Walk back to Sands Hotel for shuttle bus or walk (15 min) going back to ferry terminal
- Ride Grand Lisboa Shuttle Bus going back to Hotel Sintra
- Ride Hotel Sintra Shuttle Bus going to ferry terminal to HongKong
- Ride NWFF/Turbojet bound to HongKong
We save a lot because of the free hotel shuttle (hotel hopping). We got to see the tourist spots we like without paying any penny in transportation. 😊