Japan on a budget
(Go here for more Tips)
- Lawson and Family mart, for snacks, but of course, try authentic Japanese food too.
- For chocolates, you can buy from Daiso. They are so good, whatever chocolate it is.
Bring medicines, for body ache
- Buy/reserved yen ahead of time, I bought mine in Czarina
- Buy One day economy pass ticket in Tokyo. Unlimited pass for one day for both Toei and Tokyo Metro. Be sure that your itinerary on that day will be on this lines
- Buy your ticket thru online to DisneyLand/Sea to avoid long queue at the counter.
- For Disney Sea, check your ticket, if you can avail fast pass, if yes, then go to fast pass ticketing, to lessen your waiting time 😊
- Bring tumbler. Drinking fountain is around the corner in Disney Sea, so you don’t need to buy bottled water all the time.
- For Odaiba, if you’re just going to Daiba area, it will only cost ¥610. Daiba, where you can find the Liberty, with rainbow bridge as background 😛 Divercity, Gundam Statue (long walk), Fuji Building.
Again, if I can maximize the JR Pass, I will choose it, but instead, we just chose Willer Bus going to Tokyo.
You can save accommodation while going to Tokyo.
You can choose what type of bus you like. i.e with restroom and blanket (or business class)
You’ll be uncomfortable because of the 8 hours travel time
The bus we chose doesn’t have luggage storage, so we need to put besides the chair or in our front, good thing we have spacious area.
Some of the Departure/Arrival places are long walk from the station.;
Jorudan site: http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/
Kansai Thru Pass: http://www.surutto.com/tickets/kansai_thru_english.html
JR West Rail Pass: https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/travel-information/pass/kansai/
Willer Bus: http://willerexpress.com
Kyoto Transport: http://www.city.kyoto.jp/koho/eng/access/transport.html
Tokyo Transportation: http://tokyo-tokyo.com/tokyo_transportation.htm
and some japan blogs/forums 😊
And I still have ¥8000 left from my estimated budget, but take note; there are places that we weren’t able to visit, like the Mt. Fuji.